This vacancy is managed by:
07710 392 648 / 01709 723 248
- Location: Rotherham
- Salary: £45000 - £51000 per annum + benefits package
- Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: SASC-22575
Elevation Recruitment Group are currently working with Danieli UK Holding Limited to appoint a Sales Manager to work from their Rotherham office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and well reputed business that operates on a global basis.
Danieli UK Holding Limited is the wholly owned subsidiary of DANIELI & C. OFFICINE MECCANICHE S.P.A. Danieli essentially runs two main businesses: the first (Plant Making) is in the field of engineering and manufacture of plants – including turnkey plants – for the production of metals.
Its principal operating companies in the Plant Making segment are in Europe (Italy, Sweden,Germany, France, Austria, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Russia and Spain) and in Asia (China, Thailand, India, Vietnam, Turkey, Japan), with engineering departments and plants in the USA, Brazil, Egypt, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Ukraine.
In the Plant Making sector Danieli is one of the top three manufacturers in the world for metal making plants and machines, leader in meltshops and plants for the production of long products (these plants produce steel in electric arc furnaces – including from direct reduced iron – and in addition to being competitive in terms of Capex and Opex, are also environmentally friendly, compared to integrated plants that use blast furnaces and coke), and second in the manufacture of plants for flat products. Not only is Danieli recognized for its capabilities as a plant designer, but also as a plant manufacturer, hence the motto: “we do not shop around for noble equipment”.
The second business (Steel Making) concerns the production of special steels through the companies of Acciaierie Bertoli Safau S.p.A. (ABS) ABS Sisak d.o.o. (ABS Sisak) and ESW R?hrenwerke GmbH. The steels produced in these facilities supply the automotive industry, heavy-duty vehicles, engineering, energy and petroleum industries. ABS is the number one steelmaker in Italy and among the leading ones in Europe in its field.
Position Title: Sales Manager
Department: DCR – After Sales
Location: Rotherham, England
Direct Reports to : VP DCR Sales and Service
Purpose : To support, develop and deliver the sales of Danieli Centro Recycling in accordance with agreed World Wide Business Plans.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by Email, telephone, and personal visits with a portfolio of customer accounts – including activity within ERP relative to quoting ,costing, offer preparation, budget launch
• Promoting best technology and products to Clients
• Preparing technical and commercial proposals coherently to Customer requirements
• Preparing / study new technical solutions
• Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support and liaison
• Supporting foreign colleagues within the product line and wider Group during technical and commercial negotiations.
• Maintain, develop and update customer database.
• Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information from market place, including competitor information including budget and forecast preparation.
• Carry out competitor and customer surveys
• Liaise and attend meetings with customers to promote and explain the technical solutions and philosophies within our product portfolio
• Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions as necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
• Attend commercial negotiation meetings with customers, adhering to agreed company pricing policy rules
• Adhere to local and external relevant health and safety laws and policies.
Qualifications & Experience:
The job holder must have:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
• Good knowledge in mechanical drawing understanding
• In depth knowledge of metals recycling process including experience in the sale of products such as shredder, shear & baler as well as spare parts
• In depth knowledge of subsequent application of metals recycling,
• Good understanding of the commercial functions and process
• Good knowledge of Metal Processing industry economics.
• Proven and demonstrable sales record in the metals recycling sector for both capital equipment and after sales (spares and consumables)
The job holder must have proven:
• Good communication skills
• Highly Self-motivated
• Influencing and motivating skills
• Open approach
• Be a team player
• Ability to communicate well, laterally and vertically within an organisation
• Ability to carry out business activities in a multi-cultural environment and exercise intercultural sensitivity with the Company’s socio/political environment
• Able to travel both within the UK and overseas for extended periods of time at short notice
Closing Day For Applications : 9th June 2017
Salary package: - £45,000 to £51,000 basic salary, plus benefits package including relocation assistance